11/27/2006

HEY MISTER

I sat motionless; not daring to move; for even the slightest movement in these dank humid conditions brought sweat streaming from every pore of the body. I sat with my eyes tightly shut not daring to look around; for no matter in which direction I looked; it sent my head spinning; in fact the whole world seemed to be spinning as if released from its aeons of captivity.

A sweet sickly scent hung around; which at times became

overwhelming and brought on bouts of nausea; which made me long
for the sweet fresh air that I once knew and loved.

Although not alone I was alone; alone with my thoughts which no one
else could share; thoughts which turned to green fields and blue skies;
of escape from my predicament; which although self inflicted; was
necessary; but hindered my freedom. Escape! I must escape.

Time passed slowly by and as I sat; with eyes tightly shut; the slow
rhythmic churning sound all around brought on a hypnotic trance-like
state; which in itself was a blessing; for it allowed me to dream of

better times; times when life was good, times when the air was sweet
and cool.

Although in a trance I was always vaguely aware of movement and; at
irregular intervals; distant thudding sounds until a prodding sensation in
my shoulder awoke me from my trance with a start; and a voice said:

" Hey mister your washing's finished "





No comments:

Post a Comment